The Total Quality Management Process
[WLOs: 2, 3, 4] [CLOs: 3, 5]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read the webpage Total Quality Management and Six Sigma (Links to an external site.), and watch the accompanying video on the webpage.
For this assignment, you will address the following bullet points based on the webpage above.
In your paper,
- Define total quality management (TQM).
- Break down the acronym TQM, and explain each of its three components and how the TQM process works.
- Explain each of the eight basic principles in the TQM Process.
- Outline the benefits of TQM.
- Select one standard TQM tool, in addition to the control chart, from the webpage, and explain the purpose and benefits of both the chart and the tool.
The Total Quality Management Process paper
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Writing Centers APA Formatting for Microsoft Word (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper in bold font
- Space should be between title and the rest of the information on the title page.
- Students name
- Name of institution (University of Arizona Global Campus)
- Course name and number
- Instructors name
- Due date
- Title of paper in bold font
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for this assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view The University of Arizona Global Campus Library Quick n Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Centers APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Writing Center for specifications.