Watch the following videos:
Accommodations and Modifications for Students with DisabilitiesLinks to an external site.
Differentiating Instruction: A Guide for Teaching English-Language LearnersLinks to an external site.
Links to an external site.Differentiating Instruction: Its Not as Hard as You ThinkLinks to an external site.
Then, answer the following questions in your discussion post:
- What is the difference between accommodation and modification?
- How do teachers tailor their lessons to reach all students? (give at least one example)
- What are ways to differentiate instruction for ELL students? (fully explain and describe what that may look like)
- How may using these different techniques and strategies help students learn in your classroom? (fully explain and support with examples of how the strategies will help students)
- Describe how you would address the needs of your ELL and ESE students in your content area class. How could you differentiate the text you would you use? What accommodations and modifications would you provide?