Reading Assignment #3
Chapters 5 & 6
Assignment Type: Canvas Due Date: 09/20/22
Points Possible: 50 Project Duration: 8-10 hours
Deliverable Length: 2 3 pages
- Identify the four levels of measurement and give examples of each.
- Explain the threat to validity. Cover the following threats: face, content, criterion-related, and construct.
- Discuss the measures used to insure reliability: test-retest method, inter-rater, and splithalf method.
- Compare and contrast UCR and NCVS with respect to the type of crime data they collect and how they collect it. Identify the strengths and weaknesses of each.
- Identify the major efforts to gather information about drug abuse in the United States. How do these measures compare with one another? What are the strengths and weaknesses of each?
- Discuss the validity and reliability of selfreport measures.
- Discuss the improvements that have been made to UCR through the NIBRS and the Redesigned NCVS. Predict whether these changes will make a major difference in our understanding of crime in America.