– Use the standard English grammar and spelling
– References are cited (if necessary)
– Post must be 150-300 words.
The health care environment is rapidly changing, and nursing should be proactive in guiding change. Nurse leaders are in a unique position to be change agents. You have two staff nurses that have recently completed graduate degrees as a clinical nurse leader (CNL). You have received administrative approval to change the current nursing model on your unit to incorporate the role of the CNL.
- Question 1: Using Lewins Theory of Change, describe specific strategies you will employ to incorporate the CNL role for each of Lewins three stages of change.
- Question 2: Not everyone on your nursing unit is excited to incorporate the role of the CNL into the nursing model because it requires a change in their current job responsibilities. Propose strategies to overcome staff resistance to change.