Imagine that you are working on a project to purchase 5,000 electrical generators with an electrical capacity of three kilowatts and will be used by the U.S. Army for battlefield communications systems.Choose to respond to this scenario from a government or a contractor perspective. If you select government, then you will complete the assignment as if you are a government employee (or military personnel) receiving the proposal from the contractor. If you select contractor, then you will complete the assignment as if you are a contractor employee submitting a proposal to the government.
Write a 46 page paper in which you:
- Evaluate the requirements for announcing federal contract awards and determine how these requirements apply to the scenario provided.
- Establish the responsibilities of the contracting officer’s representative (COR) for this contract.
- Evaluate the existing training and certification requirements for CORs in general and provide a summary of your findings.
- Create a set of specific requirements for the COR working on the contract for 5,000 electrical generators.
- Assess the importance of safeguarding proprietary information, including two ways to safeguard proprietary information for the scenario provided.
- Use at least five quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Create a set of specific requirements for a contracting officer’s representative (COR) working on a federal contract, including responsibilities, training and certification, and the handling of proprietary information.