- Without having knowledge of our countrys education history, it would be almost impossible to understand todays education system. The United States education history reveals many examples of how politics, special-interest groups, social class, religion, and cultural and ethnic diversity have influenced our schools. As an early educator, it will be critical to be familiar with past events to help guide your teaching philosophy.
Create a timeline using an online resource of your choice (e.g., Office Timeline, MyHistro, Timeline JS), to display how early childhood education has evolved throughout history.
Include the following on your timeline:
- At least 8 entries total
- At least 6 of those entries describing important government mandates that have made major contributions to the field of early childhood education
- Examples of federal and state mandates
- An explanation for each entry
- Write a 350- to 525-word summary to accompany your timeline that addresses:
- The current organizational structure of the American education system
- How the events described on your timeline influenced your decision to become a teacher
- Why it is important for a teacher to stay abreast of new ideas and understandings in the field
- What you hope to contribute to the field of education
- Cite references to support both parts of your assignment.
Format your citations and a reference page according to APA guidelines.
Submit your timeline and summary.
- Center for Writing Excellence
- Reference and Citation Generator
- Grammar Assistance