Assignment 10: In at least one and half pages, discuss the pitfalls of false confessions and the responsibilities of investigators for minimizing the likelihood of false confessions occurring. Identify at least one of the three situations where a false confession may occur and what steps an investigator can take to avoid false confessions during an investigation.
- APA Style elements required
- Separate Title Page with Name, class, date and topic/title
- At least one and a half (1.5) pages of your writing on this topic that includes using in-text citations
- 12 point font
- Times New Roman or Arial
- Separate Reference Page – List detailed source information for all references
- Review the grading rubric below this assignment to see how it is assessed.
Course readings imbedded into the course.
Brown, Thomas. (2019), Criminal Investigation. Virginia Wesleyan University. OERCommons. eBook. Viewed from: https://www.oercommons.org/courses/criminal-investigation/view#
Lewandowski, Carla and Jeff Bumgarner. (2021) Criminal Justice in America: The Encyclopedia of Crime, Law Enforcement, Courts and Corrections, Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO, Volumes 1 and 2: Available Online via EGCC Gale EBooks at: Gale eBooks, link.gale.com/apps/pub/69TZ/GVRL?u=steu43952&sid=bookmark-GVRL
Accessed 14 June 2022.